Tuesday 17 March 2015

How to Stick to Your Diet While on Vacation (Blog Series) - Day 3

Day 3:


First day actually on vacation, going to try really hard to hit things perfectly today! So far the challenge has been keeping fat low and getting some carbs in me, so I'll have to keep that in mind!

Breakfast:


2 Slices of Nature's Own "Butter Bread"
24g Carbs
1g Fat
6g Protein
120 Calories

2 Tbsp Jif Peanut Butter
8g Carbs
16g Fat
7g Protein 

Normally, like I have said previously, I have protein in the morning and try to keep carbs low, but I have noticed having protein is super easy, so I decided to try to have some carbs. The bread we got is actually pretty low in everything though, so it is kind of nice because I don't eat my days worth of carbs in one meal!

Lunch:


Angus Beef Hotdog 
2g Carbs
15g Fat
6g Protein
170 Calories

Hot Dog Bun
24g Carbs
1.5g Fat
4g Protein
120 Calories

Ketchup
5g Carbs
0g Fat
0.3 Protein
20 Calories

Orange
17.6g Carbs
0.2g Fat
1.3g Protein
69 Calories

Fiber One Coconut Almond Bar
17g Carbs
7g Fat
6g Protein 
140 Calories

Kind of screwed myself for later with the hot dog because of the fat, but overall I am okay with how the day has gone. I am unsure of where we will be eating later, but hopefully I can eat something decently healthy with lots of protein! But of course I always have backups like my protein powder that I brought with me, so all in all I'll be fine! And still have to get my workout in which will also get me feeling a lot better!

Dinner:


Roasted Garlic Rosemary Chicken w/ Potatoes & Spinach
30g Carbs
20g Fat
62g Protein
540 Calories

1/2 Garden Fresh Salad
5.5g Carbs
5 Fat
1 Protein
75 Calories

11/2 Breadstick
37.5g Carbs
3.8 Fat
6g Protein
210 Calories

We went to Olive Garden for dinner, since my lunch was full of fat, I looked up the menu in advance to make sure what I got would be lower in fat. I think I picked a really good entree and the breadsticks were surprisingly low in fat as well which was really nice!

(Sorry a bit late with this one, internet was down for a couple days)

Final Macros for the Day:


171 Carbs
69 Fat
100 Protein

Pretty much almost hit everything dead on, but a little under protein unfortunately! Still having troubles with fiber, but just have to keep working on it, bought some frozen broccoli and fruit, hopefully that'll help!









No comments:

Post a Comment